UAC of Nigeria Plc is a leading private sector enterprise, which has played prominent roles in the development of the country since 1879. A diversified, food focused company, UAC’s operations span the manufacturing, services, logistics and warehousing and real estate sectors of the economy.
We are currently searching for a “Legal Services Manager and a Contract cum Intellectual Property Manager” for our Legal Department.
The Position: LEGAL SERVICES MANAGER
Reporting to the Company Secretary/Legal Adviser, the Legal Services Manager will be responsible for litigation, conciliation, mediation, arbitration, debt recovery, legislative intelligence and advisory police matters, legal aspects of employee issues, legal aspects of banking transactions, general legal advisory, legal cost and litigation, budget management etc
Specific Job Roles
• Management of the litigation and debtors portfolio; and resolution of the legal disputes of UAC OF Nigeria Plc and its Business Units (‘group’) through Alternate Dispute Resolution techniques;
• Manages the litigation budget and implements legal cost cutting techniques for the group
• Implements and effective legislative intelligence and advisory systems which support the group’s strategic and operational plans;
• Manages the group’s relationship with external counsel/law firms and serves as the link between the group and external law firms/counsel;
• Advises the group on legal aspects of banking and employees relations;
• Handles police matters and manages police relations for the group
JOB REQUIREMENTS – The Ideal candidate must:
• Have at least a second class upper degree in law
• Have at least 10 years post call experience of which 8 years should have been spent in a similar position of a multinational company/conglomerates or top range multi-structured legal practice with focus on commercial law, corporate law and practice, real estate, law of securities, litigation practice and ADR-Alternate Dispute resolution techniques, employment law, law of banking and securities, etc;
• Be computer literate:
• Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
THE POSITION – CONTRACTS & INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY MANAGER
Reporting to the Company Secretary/Legal Adviser, the Contracts & Intellectual Property Manager will be responsible for negotiation, drafting and vetting of all Contracts, Agreements, Leases, Joint Venture arrangements, group wide licenses, legal aspects of franchising; and the management of intellectual property (trademarks, copyright, patents and designs, confidential information etc) of the group.
SPECIFIC JOB ROLES
• Drafting, vetting and negotiating agreements, leases, franchises, licenses, Joint Venture Agreements, and other forms of Agreements for uac OF Nigeria Plc and Business Units;
• Manage the intellectual property portfolio of UAC of Nigeria Plc and its Business Units including but not limited to registration and protection of Trade marks, Designs, Patents, etc. within and outside Nigeria and on the web; management of copyright and confidential information etc;
• Develop and implement and effective contract management process including contract depository, contract register, contract templates, contract filing and contract status reporting and compliance feedback;
• Provide input into development and maintenance of an IP database system requirements
The candidate must:
• Have at least a second class upper degree in law;
• Have at least 10 years post call experience of which 8 years should have been spent in a similar position of a multinational company/conglomerate or top range multi-structured legal practice with focus on commercial law, real estate law, legal drafting, & conveyance, intellectual property management, law of franchising and joint venture agreements.
• Be computer literate
• Have excellent written and oral communication skills:
• Be able to draft complex contracts, amendments, bids deeds and other legal documents.
REMUNERATION: Very competitive in line with Industry Practice.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com on or before August 16th 2011
SHORT LISTED CANDIDATE WILL BE CONTACTED VIA EMAIL
Terms of Service
This is to notify our readers and subscribers that the addresses and other information contained in these advertisements on this journal pages are not verified by this weblog owners or administrators. We therefore implore you to ascertain their authenticity and legality before relying on the information contain herein. We will not be liable for any misrepresentation(s), wrong information and or damages that may arise there-from.