JOSEPH AYO BABALOLA UNIVERSITY
Applications are invited from suitably candidates for the position of Vice Chancellor.
The ice Chancellor has the general function of directing the activities of the University and is the Chief Executive and Academic Officer of the University. He is also the Ex-Officio Chairman of Senate
The Candidate for the post of Vice Chancellor is required to possess a good University education with proven ability as manager of human and material resources. In addition, he must:
• Be a distinguished scholar of the rank of professor with ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for the University.
• Provide spiritual leadership, among staff and students in a faith based University with an objective to produce morally sound graduates ready to give Godly service.
• Command the respect of both the national and international academic communities.
• Have good interpersonal relationship and ability to gorge the same among students, staff and the general public.
• Have a feasible plan for the development of the University in line with the set vision, mission and philosophy of the University.
• Possess the drive and ability to attract external funding and creativity to generate internal revenue.
• Possess ability to initiate and strengthen linkages with other Universities national and international bodies and agencies.
• Be in excellent physical and mental health.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
The Vice Chancellor shall hold office for a single terms of (5) years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
Each application should be made in TWENTY (20) copies and be accompanied by 20 copies of candidate’s curriculum vitae duly signed and dated. The curriculum vitae should be presented in the following order:
1. Name in full (surname first and in capitals);
2. place and date of birth:
3. state of origin and nationality;
4. marital status; number and age pf children;
5. religion and denomination;
6. current postal/contact addresses 9with phone number(s) and e-mail address);
7. permanent address;
8. institutions attended with dates;
9. educational qualifications with dates;
10. Professional qualifications with dates
11. Membership of professional bodies;
12. Distinctions and awards with dates;
13. Statement of work experience including full details of former and present posts;
14. Postgraduate supervision;
15. Academic related services to the nations and the University system;
16. Important academic conferences/workshops/courses attended with dates;
17. Publications (thesis, books, monographs and published articles;
18. Technical reports
19. Present employment status, salary and employer;
20. Extra curricular activities;
21. Names and addresses of 3 Referees (one of which must be in candidate’s field of study).
Each Referee should be contacted by the applicant to forward direct to the Chairman, Board of Trustees, a confidential report on the candidate’s character, academic and managerial abilities in a properly sealed envelope marked: POST OF VICE CHANCELLOR: REFEREE’S REPORT at the top left hand corner of the envelope. Each application must be accompanied by 20 copies of statement of the candidate’s vision for the University.
All applications, supporting documents and referee’s report must be submitted by hand under confidential cover, or through courier delivery to:
The Chairman, Board of Trustees
c/o Office of the Registrar
Joseph Ayo Babalola University
Along Ilesa-Akure Road
The Sealed envelope(s) containing the applications should be marked POST OF VICE CHANCELLOR at the top left hand corner.
Closing date for receipt of applications and references is Monday, 18th April, 2011.
CANDIDATES SHOULD PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
BOARD OF TRUSTEE (BOT)