The ICT unit of the National Planning Commission, among other thins is responsible for the man agreement of ICT services within the Commission charting and enforcing ICT strategy of the Commission and ensuring continued performance review of the automation effort. It is also charged with the handling of wide variety of operational activities including contingency planning, equipment installation, procedural reviews, coordinating support activities, operational audit and security.
Consequently, the Commission is seeking exceptional and dynamic professional, with the highest integrity and possessing the requisite experience, qualification and skills to fill the position stated below:
1. JOB DESCRIPTION: HEAD OF ICT UNIT
• Lead a team of IT a d communications professionals providing strategic direction, develop and implement the ICT strategy and other policy documents, oversee the ICT Business change program and deliver various critical business and support systems to a range of user across the company for 24 hours, 365 days a year.
• Oversee the development an delivery of ICT products and services, in accordance with agree service standard and industry best practice and in alignment with the Commission’s objectives and national strategic initiatives.
• Drive the ICT collaborative agenda on behalf of the Commission, in conjunction with other organizations
• Participate in the Commission’s strategic development progress
• Lead on the procurement, supply and negotiation of ICT goods and services for the Commission
• Oversee all ICT matters within the functions of the Commission. This includes the developments of teams and individuals so as to enhance performance and potential.
• To manage relationship with all key stakeholders both internally and externally and maintain appropriate communication forum with them.
• To ensure that effective ICT provision is in place to support the needs of the Commission.
• To maintain an ICT strategy that ensures the commission is prepared for changes in the nature of its business and the needs of the local community.
3. EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Technology or any related field in Science Technology.
• A master’s degree in a related discipline will be an added advantage.
• The candidates must be a MEMBER of the IT Professional Association (CPN)
• Knowledge of management and administration of public sector network. Deployment and management of complex integrated LAN and WAN. Experience in the management and administration of CISCI active devices will be and added advantage coupled with the administration of ERP solutions.
• 15 to 20 years experience with most of its management positions.
To apply, e-mail detailed Curriculum Vitae as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure that the application is received on or before AUGUST 2ND 2011
Terms of Service
This is to notify our readers and subscribers that the addresses and other information contained in these advertisements on this journal pages are not verified by this weblog owners or administrators. We therefore implore you to ascertain their authenticity and legality before relying on the information contain herein. We will not be liable for any misrepresentation(s), wrong information and or damages that may arise there-from.